Blog post #7a

In this chapter, Rexer discusses landscape photography and its meaning. He posed questions such as "People still make such pictures by the tens of thousands, but for what purpose, exactly? For memory's sake?" [p.78]. To me, landscape photographs are exactly memories of myself, of places where I visited, so that in the future, I can browse through them with my children, pointed at places telling my stories and experiences regarding to those particular places, and say "that's how they look back then". Nature changes, and now under the influence of human, changes even faster and more drastically. We see how development takes place by looking at historical pictures of New York City, we see how destructive we are by looking at old pictures of the Amazon rainforest. Landscape photograph is the memory of human being.

And, now I know where they got the names MacOS Yosemite and MacOS El Capitan from lmao.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final blog post

Blog post #2a

Blog post #8a